If you are looking to invest, to relocate or expand your business, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire have a compelling offer to support you to invest and grow, including;
- A highly skilled and diverse workforce with a large talent pool
- Centrally located in the UK with excellent road, rail, light rail, air and digital connections
- Internationally competitive firms and sectors
- Excellence in education and research
- Vibrant cities and market towns within beautiful countryside
Inward investment marketing in D2N2 is undertaken by the Derbyshire Economic Partnership, Marketing Derby and Invest in Nottingham. Their contact details and the key features of the areas they cover is detailed below.
Derby is the UK’s Capital for Innovation with sector strengths in aerospace, rail, automotive, nuclear, and advanced engineering, and thriving professional service and creative industry communities. A Connected City
- The UK’s most central city, with a travel-to-work population of 2.1 million and access to 6 million people within one hour;
- Derby is a 93-minute rain journey to London St Pancras with 35 direct services daily;
- Derby's superfast broadband availability of 93.8%, one of the best in the UK and better than London (OFCOM).
A Forward-Thinking City
- £1.25bn of a £2bn regeneration masterplan secured;
- £300m being invested in new leisure, office, housing and infrastructure schemes, including a Sports Arena, Swimming Pool and a new hi-tech business park (Infinity Park Derby) alongside the HQ of Rolls-Royce;
- £40m Regional Growth Fund earmarked for economic development plans in and around the city centre, including the £20m Derby Enterprise Growth Fund to help job creation and SME growth.
A Skilled Workforce
- One of the highest skilled workforces in the UK with 12% of Derby employees in hi-tech functions – four times the national average;
- Access to 17 universities within one hour, with a 400,000 student population;
- University of Derby 12th highest in UK for % of graduates employed or undertaking further study six months after graduation – 96.1% (DLHE 2011/12);
- £9.5m University Technology Centre (UTC) with focus on manufacturing due to open in 2015.
Home to World-Leading Businesses
- UK headquarters for Rolls-Royce, Bombardier and Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK);
- Derby has Europe's largest cluster of rail technology companies - 8.8 times he naional concentration of firms
- Derby has 38% of workforce employed in the professional functions, more than Birmingham, Leicester and Notingham;
- Densest cluster of rail engineering companies in Europe – 8.8 times the national concentration of firms;
- Advanced engineering supply chain clusters based in and around the city employing 53,000 in hi-tech funcions including engineers and software designers.
Invest Ashfield & Mansfield
Imagine a location which offers you excellent communication links, quality business sites and accommodation without the costs associated with other parts of the UK. Ashfield & Mansfield is the ideal business location in the heart of the country situated on the M1 directly between the cities of Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield. The majority of the country can easily be reached within a three-hour drive by car. Fast rail and tram links into Nottingham mean that Birmingham, Manchester and London can be reached in around two hours. East Midlands Airport, the second largest freight airport in the UK, and Robin Hood Airport are both 30 minutes away with connection to over 70 destinations. The area has seen a large growth in commercial development activity over the past few years, making it one of the region’s leading business locations. A range of key regeneration initiatives and commercial developments are also underway that aim to provide space and an improved infrastructure for both inward investors and existing businesses. Ashfield & Mansfield is home to a diverse range of businesses and sectors of employment, including many national and international companies and boasts a wide range of housing options, to suit all tastes and pockets. Over 2 million people are within a one hour drive, so there is easy access to a wide range of skilled individuals. Furthermore Vision West Nottinghamshire College and New College Nottingham offer full-time and part-time Further Education courses and some university level qualifications. A wider range of degree courses can be studied at Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University, all within a 30 minute drive. A range of support is available for potential investors, including the provision of an account manager, who will help make your decision-making and hopefully your investment in the area as straightforward as possible. For more information on an excellent business location please follow the link to Invest Ashfield & Mansfield.