82 Nottingham Road Somercotes Alfreton Derbyshire DE55 4LY 01773 607651 [email protected]

The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) is set up for the use of contractors and subcontractors.

As part of our service we will:

  • Submit CIS Returns to H M Revenue and Customs
  • Provide you with CIS Deduction Statements to give to your subcontractors
  • Calculate tax due at the end of the month

If you are a contractor or subcontractor you will need to register with the scheme and check that any subcontractors you employ are also registered. You will then need to submit monthly returns. Before using a subcontractor you need to verify them with H M Revenue and Customs before paying them. This can be done over the phone or online.

To verify a subcontractor you need the following information:

  • The name of your business
  • Your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
  • Your Accounts Office Reference
  • Your Employer Reference

Information on your subcontractor:

  • The subcontractors name or their business or company name
  • The subcontractors UTR Number
  • If available and they are a sole trader their National Insurance Number
  • Their Company Registration Number if they are a company
  • The partner's name if they are in a partnership

Once H M Revenue and Customs have verified a subcontractor they will tell you how to pay them. This means they will tell you at what rate to make any deductions to what you pay the subcontractor. The rates used are: Gross- meaning no deduction is made Standard rate- 20% deduction Higher rate- 30% this rate is usually used because a subcontractor is not registered or could not be verified More Information http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cis/intro/whatis-cis.htm



VAT can be one of the most complex taxes faced by businesses, Pedly & Co can help with any aspect of the VAT system leaving you time to run your business.



Pedley & Co provide taxation services for Individuals
and Sole Traders, Partnerships or Limited Companies



 Our dedicated staff will ensure that your payroll is compliant with latest regulations and is handled quickly and efficiently